Editor **UNPAID POST**
New Syndicalist is looking for a new volunteer editor to join its editorial team. We are especially interested in applicants who aren’t white and aren’t cis-male.
Applicants will need to be able to commit to approximately 1-2 hours work every week and a Skype meeting every month in support of the project.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Proof and copy editing submissions to the blog.
- Engaging in a democratic dialogue with other team members over content, submissions and themes.
- Liaising with authors over editorial guidelines, editorial comments and submission dates.
- Maintaining the blog’s correspondence.
- Researching and seeking out new authors and areas for submission.
- Writing original content for the blog (optional)
- Producing and editing audio content (optional).
- Producing and editing video content (optional)
Preferred experience for applicants include:
- Experience as an activist and/or organiser within trade union and/or community campaigns.
- Experience writing and/or editing in other left-wing blogs or publications.
- Experience managing a social media platform.
- Experience with Audible or other equivalent audio editing software (desirable).
- Experience with Shotcut or other equivalent video editing software (desirable).
If you are interested in this post please fill out the form below or email – firstname.lastname@example.org – a candidate statement of no more than 500 words explaining your background, experience and suitability for the role.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.