Editor **UNPAID POST**
New Syndicalist is looking for a new volunteer editor to join its editorial team. We are especially interested in applicants who aren’t white and aren’t cis-male.
Applicants will need to be able to commit to approximately 1-2 hours work every week and a Skype meeting every month in support of the project.
Role and responsibilities include:
- Proof and copy editing submissions to the blog.
- Engaging in a democratic dialogue with other team members over content, submissions and themes.
- Liaising with authors over editorial guidelines, editorial comments and submission dates.
- Maintaining the blog’s correspondence.
- Researching and seeking out new authors and areas for submission.
- Writing original content for the blog (optional)
- Producing and editing audio content (optional).
- Producing and editing video content (optional)
Preferred experience for applicants include:
- Experience as an activist and/or organiser within trade union and/or community campaigns.
- Experience writing and/or editing in other left-wing blogs or publications.
- Experience managing a social media platform.
- Experience with Audible or other equivalent audio editing software (desirable).
- Experience with Shotcut or other equivalent video editing software (desirable).
If you are interested in this post please fill out the form below or email – firstname.lastname@example.org – a candidate statement of no more than 500 words explaining your background, experience and suitability for the role.
Please note that this is an unpaid position.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 30th April.